Coops require everyone to donate cash, gold, and Collection Item, to play together.
Coops work best when all players are active and contributing. In this way not only does everyone contribute to the game but all reap the benefits equally.
Cooperative play comes in two types, Research, and Projects.
You must do projects to move your Coop up in levels. As you gain levels and complete research, more projects and research become available.
Research is a way to increase the benefits of all the players in the coop.
There are three types of Research.
- Cooperative, which includes:
- Recruitment - having space to add new members
- Subsidies - Increases the amount of cash donated to the Coop (by a percentage)
- Cooperative Project, which includes
- Optimize Processes - reduces the number of Collection Items required to start a project
- Negotation Skill - Increases the amount of time the Coop has to complete a project
- Farm Management, which increases the amount of cash received when certain crops or animals are sold (such as apples, pigs, eggs, milk, etc.)
- Specialized Farm Management (currently: Gourmet Farm, Flower Farm) - increases the amount of cash received when certain items are created (yoghurt, applesauce, wildflower bunches, etc.)
Research requires your Coop to hire Researchers. Each Coop member may buy one Researcher for cash and buy as many more as they want for gold.
Note: If you are currently running one Research project you may not buy a Researcher for another Research project for cash, although you can buy some for gold. It is not known whether this is a bug.
Once you have obtained the correct number of Researchers, the Founder or a Deputy can start the Research. This will require either gold or cash from the Coop's treasury (which in turn comes from the Coop's members donations).
Cooperative Projects are how a Coop gains level. Projects are gradually more difficult, but are repeatable.
Projects work automatically. Once the Founder or a Deputy starts the Project, all the Coop members need to do is grow and gather or harvest whatever the Project demands. The system counts every item that is gathered or harvested automatically, and each member gets to keep every item.
Note that the amount is for the whole Coop -- one player does not have to gather everything themselves.
All Projects must be completed within an indicated time period.
Early Projects include:
- The Complete Movie Experience - Players must gather a certain amount of corn.
- Wild About Apples - Players must gather a certain amount of apples.
- Cheesed Off - Players must gather a certain amount of milk.
- The Chicken or The Egg? - Players must gather a certain amount of eggs and complete a certain number of points from Missions.
- Straw-brained or Cabbage Head - Players must gather a certain amount of cabbage and wheat.
- Patty Cake, Patty Cake - Players must gather a certain amount of wheat, milk, and cherries.
Later projects include:
- Native Wildlife (Available at Coop Level 21) - Players must gather a certain amount of fertilizer and Wild flowers
- Egg Scramble (Available at Coop Level 21) - Players must gather a certain amount of eggs
- Unknown (Available at Coop level 28)
- Unknown (Available at Coop level 37)
Note that the amount needed to be gathered and the time allowed changes as your coop grows and as the level of the project increases. The more times you do a project the higher its level. Project levels are noted in the upper left corner of the project.